2013 EEC Survey: California Leads Nation in Recycling Efforts; Waste Per Capita Decreases
The Numbers Behind Recycling
- Every ton of paper recycled a year saves 17 trees and 7,000 gallons of water.
Recycling one ton of glass saves the equivalent of 10 gallons of oil.
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for three hours.
- The recycling of one glass container saves enough energy to light a 100-watt bulb for 4 hours.
- For every pound of steel recycled, it can save enough energy to light a 60-watt bulb for 24 hours.
- Every ton of paper recycled can save up to 4,200 kilowatt hours of energy.
|Waste 360 Defines 8 Waste & Recycling Trends in 2014
The popular industry e-newsletter Waste360 has identified the trends that are taking shape in the waste and recycling industry. Below are the top eight that issues that are continuing to make an impact.
1. CNG Continues to Expand
2. New York City's Aggressive Waste Agenda
3. Dealing with Coal Ash
4. Producer Responsibility Laws Gain Ground
5. Financial Performance Brightens
6. Continued M&A's
7. States Embrace Recycling Goals
8. Anaerobic Digestion.